Choose the best word or phrase to fill each gap.
- Kate ______ from Germany.
a. isb. arec. amd. be
- What's ______ name?
a. youb. yourc. you'red. -
- Mark ______ in London.
a. is workb. workc. workingd. works
- Where ______?
a. live youb. do you livec. you lived. does you live
- I ______ rain.
a. not likeb. like notc. no liked. don't like
- Katrina doesn't like ______ in the morning.
a. to getting upb. get upc. getting upd. got up
- Randolf can't ______ very well.
a. to driveb. drivec. drivingd. drives
- What ____________ at the moment?
a. you dob. are you doingc. do you dod. you are doing
- Oliver is interested ______ art.
a. inb. onc. atd. to
- A dog is an animal ______ walks on four legs.
a. whob. whichc. whatd. whose
- What ______? It looks delicious.
a. he's eatingb. is he eatingc. does he eatd. he eats
- Julian is ______ person I've ever met.
a. the nicerb. the most nicec. the nicestd. the more nice
- ______ meet Paolo for lunch tomorrow.
a. I'm tob. I go toc. I going tod. I'm going to
- That's the guy ______ uncle lives next door to me.
a. whob. whichc. thatd. whose
- I ______ a really funny YouTube video when you called me.
a. am watchingb. watchedc. have watchedd. was watching
- I'm afraid I can't meet you tomorrow. ______ lunch with an old friend.
a. I haveb. I will havec. I'm havingd. I've had
- We need to hurry up. We have ______ time left.
a. littleb. a littlec. fewd. a few
- "______ sushi?" "Yes, many times."
a. Have you ever eatenb. Did you ever eatc. Are you ever eatingd. Do you ever eat
- Would you mind ______ me a little later?
a. to callb. to callingc. if you calld. calling
- Can you tell me where ______ last night?
a. did you gob. you wentc. you have beend. you did go
- When ______ here, I'll tell you everything.
a. you'll getb. you getc. you'll have gotd. you're getting
- If I ______ you, I'd go to bed early.
a. amb. isc. wered. have been
- It's the end of the match! Spain ______ the World Cup!
a. wonb. had wonc. have wond. is winning
- Michael works for BP and ______.
a. so am Ib. so I workc. so I dod. so do I
- What ______ if you won the lottery?
a. do you dob. will you doc. would you dod. did you do
- I regret ______ the purple dress.
a. not to buyb. not buyingc. to not buyd. not have bought
- Where would you live if you ______ to live anywhere?
a. can chooseb. will choosec. choosed. could choose
- I wish I ______ so many problems right now.
a. hadn't hadb. don't havec. wouldn't haved. didn't have
- If only John ______ to my party tonight!
a. was comingb. comesc. will comed. is coming
- We should ______ that he wouldn't come to the party.
a. knowb. have knownc. had knownd. known
- The side mirror of my car is broken. I need to ______. Do you know a good mechanic?
a. fix itb. have it fixedc. have fixed itd. fixed it
- Rosie isn't picking up her phone. She could ______.
a. have sleptb. sleepc. be sleepingd. to sleep
- Joe told me that ______ for over an hour.
a. he'd been waitingb. he's waitedc. he's waitingd. he waits
- If I ______ about your problem, I would have tried to help you.
a. had knownb. knewc. would knowd. would have known
- I'd rather you ______ me every five minutes!
a. don't callb. wouldn't callc. won't calld. not called
- By this time next year, ______ a new car.
a. I would buyb. I'll be buyingc. I'll have been buyingd. I'll have bought
Choose the best word or phrase to fill each gap.
- Our next lesson is ______ Tuesday.
a. inb. onc. atd. by
- Alison ______ 12 years old.
a. hasb. havec. isd. has got
- I ______ home at 6 o'clock every day.
a. getb. movec. opend. live
- Jane usually ______ shopping on Saturdays.
a. makesb. hasc. goesd. takes
- I always ______ TV in the evening.
a. watchb. seec. lookd. hear
- Peter never ______ the dishes after dinner.
a. makesb. doesc. takesd. runs
- I never ______ rock music.
a. hearb. seec. listen tod. feel
- I always ______ sightseeing when I travel.
a. gob. makec. getd. take
- What clothes do you ______ at work?
a. getb. usec. carryd. wear
- "Can you pass me the salt?" "______."
a. Here you areb. You're welcomec. Yes, pleased. Go ahead
- Can you give me a ______ to the station?
a. signb. handc. breakd. lift
- "Would you like a dessert?" "No, thanks. Just the ______, please."
a. invoiceb. receiptc. ticketd. bill
- I can't hear anything. It's too quiet. Can you ______ the volume?
a. turn downb. turn overc. turn ind. turn up
- I went to the bakery to buy a ______ of bread.
a. loafb. packetc. tind. can
- You look different today. Have you ______ your hair?
a. tannedb. dyedc. paintedd. drawn
- Can you ______ me your dictionary? I'll give it back to you later.
a. lendb. owec. rentd. borrow
- Jack has made a lot of money this year. He can ______ a luxury holiday.
a. allowb. earnc. rentd. afford
- When Joe found out that his wife was using his credit card again, he started to see ______.
a. blueb. yellowc. greend. red
- Carl ______ stealing the car radio, but nobody believed him.
a. admittedb. deniedc. toldd. informed
- It looked like a very interesting job, so I decided to ______ for it.
a. registerb. applyc. submitd. ask
- During the meeting, Samuel argued that we need to hire more staff in order to develop the
business. He made a good ______.
a. saleb. storyc. pieced. point
- We couldn't see the sun. The sky was completely ______.
a. overcastb. overcoveredc. overcomed. overcoated
- The police arrested Derek for ______. He was caught with a stolen television set.
a. muggingb. briberyc. assaultd. burglary
- I was over the ______ when I found out that I'd aced the English exam.
a. hillb. fencec. moond. world